We will, as always, be attending the Historic Religious Building Alliance’s The BIG UPDATE!
This year looks as exciting and informative as previous years, offering the chance to keep up to date with what’s happening to secure the future of historic religious buildings, and to meet others with similar interests and concerns. All are welcome.
There will be short, informative talks with space for questions and discussion, and time to network.
Speakers include (not in order of appearance):
* Keynote speaker: Sir Laurie Magnus, Chair of Historic England (a body which came into being when English Heritage split into two earlier this year)
* Philip Arundell talking about grants offered by the AllChurches Trust
* Ingrid Greenhow, talking about the ‘Taking Stock’ programme for Quaker Meeting Houses – a survey of these buildings to obtain a strategic overview of their importance and future opportunities.
* Rachel Harden, Deputy Director of Communication, Church of England, talking about effective ways of publicising a church project
* Shahed Saleem talking about the British Mosque, based on his survey of mosques and providing a foretaste of his forthcoming book
* Andy Warren of Natsol – everything you have always wanted to know about installing a compost toilet at your church
* John Winton, currently National Director of Churches Tourism Network Wales. This is soon to develop into Sanctaidd, a new organisation which will provide comprehensive support to all places of worship in Wales.
* CASE STUDY: Sara Loch and Chris Curtis on the Cupola Project in Blandford Forum
All are welcome.
The cost, including a full hot lunch and all refreshments, is £44.00 per person. Discounts are available to paid up members (see the booking form). Places are limited; paid up members receive priority. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries.
Venue: St Alban’s Centre, Baldwins Gardens, London EC1N 7AB
See you there!